Steps On How To Apply for International Passport In Nigeria
Always dreaming of traveling abroad? Are the glamour of Dubai calling your name or Canada’s cityscapes. If you’re looking to travel overseas as a Nigerian citizens the frist step to take is to apply for international passport. Whether annual family holiday or multiple international business trips, we’ve got you covered with our step-by-step guide on how to easily apply for your Nigerian international passport. International Passport is an important travel document issued to Nigerians by the Federal Government for the sole purpose of International travel. This International Passport alongside other documents like visa is needed by any citizen trying to travel out of the country.
Many Nigerians do not know how they can get their International passport while some even end up in the hands of scammers. Nigerian International passports can simply be applied for by making submission through Nigerian Immigration Services. You can also apply on line. The online application process is simple and straightforward. If you happen to be outside of Nigeria, you can apply online or at your nearest consulate. Save yourself time and unnecessary stress by applying and submitting your application documents well in advance before your departure date. Once you have you gotten your International passport, all that’s left to do is pack your bags and jet off!. The Nigerian International Passport is also known as the Nigerian e-passport is of two kinds your purpose of travel and your personality will dictate which will be given out to you. These two types of International passport includes the Nigerian standard e-passport and official e-passport. The standard Passport is for the general public, WHLIE the official Passport is for certain class of Government officials.
How Much Does it Cost
Payment for your international passport is made online.
CATEGORIES 32-PAGE BOOKLETS 64-PAGE BOOKLETS
AGE: 0 – 17 YRS AGE: 18 – 59 YRS AGE: 60 YRS +
Passport Booklet Fee ₦ 8,750 ₦ 15,000 ₦ 8,750 ₦ 20,000
Address Verification Fee ₦ 2,000 ₦ 2,000 ₦ 2,000 ₦ 2,000
TOTAL ₦ 10,750 ₦ 17,000 ₦ 10,750 ₦ 22,000
Note The prices above are taken from the official Nigeria Immigration Services Website and it changes at any time
How To Apply For Nigerian International Passport Offline
Offline means going to the immigration office yourself. If you want to submit your application through an agent in Nigeria, rather than online, please be aware that this process takes more time. You have to be very careful which agents you work with so as to avoid falling in the hands of fraudster and at the end losing all your documents.
It takes up to 48 hours to process a new passport application after your bio-metric data has been captured. Some times it do take close to a month to process so be sure you apply well in time.
Before you could apply for your international passport a copy of the following document has to be submitted to the immigration officer.
1. local government or state of origin Identification Letter.
2. Birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate (for female applicants only)
4. Make photocopies of the valid international passport or your friend or relative together with his/ her national Identification card or driver’s license (this person will stand as your guarantor)
5. 2 passport photographs or 4-6 because of age and marriage certificate.
For those with International-passport applying for re-issue:
For those who wants to renew their passport all you need to do is take your expired passport and 2 passport photographs to the immigration office for renewal
How To Apply For Nigerian International Passport Online
1. Visit the Nigerian Immigration Services portal
2. Fill the Application form correctly.
3. Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
4. Upload scanned copies of required documents
5. Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
6. Enter your payment account details correctly.
7. Once payment is completed, click “Submit”
8. After payment, you would be presented a Validation Number.
9. Keep the validation number for future use.You can also print a receipt by clicking the ‘Print the Receipt’ button
10. Submit completed application form with additional required documents in person at your selected passport office.
How To Use International Passport Validation Number:
Remember we said you should keep your validation number.
1. If a “Validation Number” field appears, enter the number from your ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt.
2. Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
3. You can now print a Receipt or an Acknowledgement Slip by using the buttons on this page. (You will need them for your interview).
4. You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgement Slip in a new window. Click on “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
5. Click the “Search Record” button and you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been generated.
General Documents required for interview:
This document are just the same as the documnet that are required for your offline Standard passport.
1. Birth certificate
2. 2 recent colour passport photographs
3. Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
4. Local Government letter of identification.
5. Marriage certificate
6. Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
7. Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission.
For your Official Passport
1. Marriage certificate
2. Letter of introduction from appropriate State Government, Federal Government Ministry / Organization.
3. Police report in case of lost passport .
4. letter of appointment / last promotion .
5. Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission
6 Letter of introduction from appropriate State Government, Federal Government Ministry / Organization.
And also Acknowledgment slip & payment receipt plus 2 recent photographs are applicable in all cases
· Print out copy of duly completed application form
· Take printed and signed application forms to Passport office / Embassy / High Commission for further processing
· A guarantor must attach the following documents
a. Photocopy of Data page of Nigerian standard Passport
b. Driving License or National Identity Card
Please Note standard international passport are valid for five years. your may only be renew if all the pages have been used.
If you can follow all this tips then you will have your international passport at no time. All that is remaining if for you to pack your bags and off you go to any country of your want.
Drop your comment and we will get back to as soon as we can. Thanks